Funeral Directors Life
Preneed Insurance Provider
See how the OFDA's endorsed preneed insurance provider can improve your current preneed program right now! Funeral Directors Life offers competitive commissions, merchandise protection, effective lead generation ideas and many other value-added services.
OFDA members can participate in a fully insured health insurance program through United Health Care (UHC). This program offers affordable medical, prescription and dental coverage benefits. For enrollment information contact Laura Dempsey at OFDA.
Members who are not interested in the UHC group plan and are interested in shopping their health insurance are encouraged to contact Health Enrollment Management Agency (HEMA). HEMA has extensive relationships with many insurance companies and has selected plan options with multiple insurers, allowing for the most optimum networks and coverages.
Vision and Life
OFDA members also have affordable vision and life insurance available to them. Contact Laura Dempsey to sign up!
Property and Casualty Insurance
As an OFDA member you can obtain property and casualty insurance at competitive rates through a State Auto agent in your area. For more information on our State Auto plan, download the Property / Casualty Insurance for Funeral Directors brochure or please contact:
State Auto Insurance Companies
Ph: (800) 444-9950 ext. 5331
Fax: (614) 719-0265
Save significantly on your workers’ compensation premium by joining the Ohio Funeral Directors Association’s (OFDA) workers’ compensation program administered by CareWorks Comp.
We partner with CareWorks Comp to deliver the most significant cost savings to our members. CareWorks Comp embraces a results-oriented approach that fully integrates safety prevention and risk control with aggressive claims management to deliver a significant return on investment. The OFDA and CareWorks Comp can analyze your company to determine the BEST workers’ compensation premium-saving program for you.
- Group Rating – CareWorks Comp's group rating program is the only plan endorsed by the OFDA. In 2015 the program’s estimated return on investment averaged 145%.
- Group Retrospective Rating – This program offers premium savings projected in exceeding 60% and can be a great alternative for companies unable to qualify for traditional group experience rating.
- Deductible Program – This program offers discounts on premium rates in exchange for accepting a specified deductible amount.
- 100% EM Cap –Companies becoming penalty rated for the upcoming policy year can have increases to their Experience Modifier (EM) limited, or capped, at 100%, thereby limiting rate and premium increases.
- Other Alternative Rating & Discount Programs – Drug-Free Safety Program, One Claim Program, Safety Council, Salary Continuation, $15K Medical Only Deductible and others.
- Self Insurance – Companies pay compensation and medical costs directly for work-related injuries avoiding escalating reserves and premiums charged by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. CareWorks Comp serves more Ohio self-insured employers than any other third party administrator.
As a result of their best-in-class service, CareWorks Comp has consistently maintained a 97% retention rate - one of the highest in the industry. Put their team to work for you. For a no-cost, no-obligation program analysis, go to www.careworksconsultants.com/groupratingapplication/FuneralDirectors. You may also contact CareWorks Comp's Cordell Walton, toll-free, at (614) 827-0398.