Answering Service for Directors
ASD is the leader in answering services and call support for funeral professionals. Family owned and operated, ASD blends state-of-the-art technology with an experienced team of knowledgeable call specialists that possess a high level of understanding of the funeral process. The company's intensive, 6 month training programs ensures that the potential value of every call is recognized and communicated to directors in the most cost efficient way.
ASD's custom-built systems, innovative mobile tools and sophisticated ASD Mobile app bring cutting edge technology to funeral homes and funeral related businesses of all sizes. For OFDA members, ASD offers an extended, 8 week free trial period. Contact us at (800) 868-9950 or visit www.myASD.com/ofda for more information.
Advance Funding and Insurance Assignment Services
CLAIMCHECK, powered by Directors Choice Assignment Services, is OFDA’s exclusive preferred-partner of advance funding and insurance assignment services in the state of Ohio. Life insurance assignments create a cash crunch and a ton of paperwork for your funeral home…and the last thing you want to do after a long day is process a stack of insurance claims. Plus, there is always the chance that, even after all your hard work, your claim could be denied! With CLAIMCHECK, there is a better way. CLAIMCHECK offers a simple service that expedites payment to you on life insurance assignments within 24-48 hours of verification of benefits.
CLAIMCHECK offers fast and reliable service that gets your cash flowing again, helps minimize risk from denied claims, and frees up your staff’s time so you can stay focused on doing what you love: serving families in their time of need. To get started, enroll online at claimchecknow.com or call (800) 692-3688.
American Profit Recovery (APR) is OFDA's preferred partner for collection activity on delinquent accounts. APR has quickly established itself as one of the leaders in the debt collection industry. By combining a funeral home's internal efforts with APR's third party intervention, the entire life cycle of the delinquency will be minimized. Not only will the effectiveness of the collection increase, but it will do so while decreasing the staff's time taken to manage past due accounts, leaving more time to service their families.
APR offers a flat fee program as opposed to charging a typical percentage common with most collection agencies and attorneys. By charging a flat fee, APR allows the funeral home to keep more of their revenues.
OFDA members will see noticeable advantages in the areas of:
- Flat rate no more than $22 per account as opposed to a percentage
- Diplomatic collection process as to not alienate families
- State of the art, real-time reporting capability through APRweb
- An average recovery rate of 40-50% on delinquent accounts
- Customer service team available for your needs
For more information, contact Matt Helz at (800) 711-0023 or visit them at www.americanprofit.com. Be sure to mention you're an OFDA member!
OFDA partners with SeminarWeb to offer you online education opportunities which will connect you with the top speakers and programs in the industry from your home or office. Earning CE hours, increasing your knowledge, training your staff, and learning about new trends and topics has never been easier!
Join the live program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer for the web portion and telephone for the audio portion. You may ask questions, participate in surveys, and post comments from your computer during the program. You may also invite colleagues to watch the program from a shared computer or projection screen and speakerphone. Certificates are provided to registered attendees participating at their own computer and phone. Simple instructions with a link to the program will be sent when you register.
Click here to view available webinars.
Members who are interested in shopping their health insurance are encouraged to contact Health Enrollment Management Agency (HEMA). HEMA has extensive relationships with many insurance companies and has selected plan options with multiple insurers, allowing for the most optimum networks and coverages (dental, vision, life, LTD, LTC, etc).
Live Oak Bank
Live Oak Bank is OFDA's Preferred Partner for funeral home lending. By combining financing expertise with industry knowledge, Live Oak understands the funeral business and customizes funeral home loans to meet the borrowers needs. The bank can provide comprehensive financing with no balloons and no covenants for refinancing, succession planning, acquisitions, expansions, and new construction.
Core benefits exclusive to OFDA members:
- Specialty Lenders – A team that is 100% dedicated to providing and servicing loans for the funeral profession. They are fully devoted to their funeral home and cemetery customers and their business.
- Non-Commission Lenders – The long-term success of the customer is the focus of each sales team, not just closing a transaction to make a buck. Lenders establishing a personal relationship with each customer, helping them choose a loan product that best meets their needs.
- Expanded & Customized Loan Products – There are no one-size-fits-all loan products. By listening to and learning from funeral professionals, a loan programs that specifically address their business needs and growth goals can be developed.
- Business Advisory Group – From the time a loan closes until the day it is paid back in full, a dedicated servicing team will work with you to help with critical financial decisions. The Business Advisory Group provides support for all types of business operations. Every customer is assigned a Relationship Manager to assist them.
- Educational Offerings – One must constantly be learning to grow and lead well. Live Oak is committed to continuing to provide valuable educational opportunities for OFDA members that will help them grow their businesses.
- Deeply Discounted Closing Costs for OFDA Members – Inquire with Laura Dempsey at (614) 486-5339 for details.
To request a meeting or call time, please reach out to Nick Padlo at Nick.Padlo@liveoak.bank.
Save significantly on your workers’ compensation premium by joining the Ohio Funeral Directors Association’s (OFDA) workers’ compensation program administered by CareWorks.
We partner with CareWorks to deliver the most significant cost savings to our members. CareWorks embraces a results-oriented approach that fully integrates safety prevention and risk control with aggressive claims management to deliver a significant return on investment. The OFDA and CareWorks can analyze your company to determine the BEST workers’ compensation premium-saving program for you.
- Group Rating – CareWorks' group rating program is the only plan endorsed by the OFDA
- Group Retrospective Rating – This program offers premium savings projected in exceeding 60% and can be a great alternative for companies unable to qualify for traditional group experience rating
- Deductible Program – This program offers discounts on premium rates in exchange for accepting a specified deductible amount
- 100% EM Cap – Companies becoming penalty rated for the upcoming policy year can have increases to their Experience Modifier (EM) limited, or capped, at 100%, thereby limiting rate and premium increases
- Other Alternative Rating & Discount Programs – Drug-Free Safety Program, One Claim Program, Safety Council, Salary Continuation, $15K Medical Only Deductible and others
- Self Insurance – Companies pay compensation and medical costs directly for work-related injuries avoiding escalating reserves and premiums charged by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. CareWorks serves more Ohio self-insured employers than any other third party administrator.
As a result of their best-in-class service, CareWorks has consistently maintained a 97% retention rate - one of the highest in the industry. Put their team to work for you. For a no-cost, no-obligation program analysis, click here You may also contact CareWorks' Cordell Walton, at (614) 827-0398.