Young Funeral Directors
"Inspiring young funeral directors in Ohio through social, educational and interactive programs while promoting excellence in funeral service."
Lauren Baughman, Canal Winchester
Stephen Best, Canal Fulton
Brad Chute, CFSP, Newark
Holly Colwell, Columbus
Matt Dixon, Canal Winchester
Jordan Hart, Rittman
Brittany Brundidge Muhammad, Cincinnati
Kurt Sammons, Canal Winchester
Eric Smith, Lancaster
Michael T. Smith, CFSP, Marion
Devin Woodyard, Columbus
Kari Wydo, Columbus
YFD ANNUAL DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD:
This annual award is to be presented to the Ohio Funeral Directors Association Young Funeral Director who meets the following qualifications:
- Nominees must be OFDA members in good standing, 40 years of age or under on March 1st of the year nominated.
- Exhibit outstanding citizenship in the community; serving the community in which he/she lives and/or works by assisting with activities or organizations that strengthen and improve the community.
- Exhibit a level of professionalism that exemplifies the attributes of a professional funeral director and maintains the confidence of the personal and business relationships with those he/she serves.
- Supports his/her professional organizations in their efforts to improve the standards of funeral service and to lend his/her voice in censure against those who would deter these efforts.
Rules of Procedure and Operation
- Nominations for Distinguished Service Award will be made to OFDA by colleagues, mentors, managers or supervisors of nominees. Award winners will be selected by a group comprised of the following:
- OFDA Young Funeral Directors Committee
- The OFDA Board of Directors
- Executive Director of OFDA
All nominations must be received by OFDA prior to March 1st for consideration.
*If nominated, YFD Committee Members and Chair must recuse themselves from group that selects award winners.
- An individual plaque will be presented each year at the annual convention to the selected recipient, and the recipient’s name will be added to a permanent Distinguished Service Award Plaque on display at the OFDA office.
- The selected recipient will also receive $500 for Continuing Education Courses in hopes of encouraging their continued growth as a funeral professional.
- A press release and photo of the award recipient will be made available to the winner’s home newspaper and to all funeral service trade journals.
- The selected recipient will receive complimentary convention registration for that year.